Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Kaylee is SIX!

I can't believe Kaylee is already six years old! She is growing up way too fast. We all love and adore her. She has a great sense of humor and is very sweet and thoughtful. She loves to read books, draw pictures, and write letters. I am so thankful to have her as my daughter.

To celebrate Kaylee's 6th birthday we had a Tinkerbell party. I had a lot of fun planning this party!

When the girls arrived I gave them fairy make overs. I dusted their cheeks with fairy dust, let them pick out a Tinkerbell ring and a set of sticker ear rings, painted their fingernails with glittery nail polish and gave them a set of fairy wings if they didn't already have some.

After their make overs I let them color a Tinkerbell canvas picture while we waited for all of the guests to arrive.

We had pizza for dinner.

After dinner we gave each of the girls a Tinkerbell ribbon baton and took them on a walk to try them out. They all LOVED these!

A group shot. Aren't they all so cute!?

We played bingo for one of the games and I set up a Tinkerbell prize shoppe.

We also played Fairy, Fairy, Tinkerbell aka Duck, Duck, Goose because it is Kaylee's favorite game.
We made edible fairy wands out of pretzel sticks, vanilla flavored candy coating, and sprinkles.

I forgot to take a picture of the cake before the party but it was a flower with Tinkerbell on top.

The girls enjoying their cake and ice cream.

Kaylee has been begging to have a sleepover for months so we made that part optional. A few of the girls slept over. Geoff put on some music and they had a dance party.

We also played a Silly Spinner Tinkerbell game. The girls are pulling silly fish faces.

We ended the night with a Tinkerbell movie.

For breakfast I served mini boxes of cereal, packages of mini donuts, and I made them butterfly waffles.

Kaden always puts a lot of thought into what he wants to buy Kaylee for her birthday and Christmas. I think it is because he loves the response he gets when she opens the gift. She fell in love with this stuffed puppy at the mall. Kaden was so excited to buy it for her. When she opened his gift she grabbed him and hugged him so tight that they both fell over. This was my favorite part of the whole party. :) Kaylee was also very spoiled by all of her friends and grandparents.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

What a cute party!!! Happy Birthday Kaylee!

Phillips Family said...

Wow, that is a lot of girly stuff in one house!! We love Kaylee!! Cannot believe how OLD she is getting...6, she is still a little baby girl to us.

Bonny said...

Oh man, Thatcher would have been IN LOVE with that party. He is all about Tinkerbell. :) All he's been asking for for his birthday (which is next week) is Tinkerbell toys. I seriously considered throwing him a Tinkerbell party this weekend, but I think we'll try to go with Spiderman instead. Looks like an awesome party. Happy birthday, Kaylee!

Esther said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!!! We miss you sooo much. It looks like a hit of a party and I KNOW Marlie would have loved to be there! Can I just say the Geoff in the background is classic? I love his expressions. :)

Jana Sohm said...

Oh, how fun!! Your party looks darling! Did you make the cake? It is so cute!!

Jadi said...

Jana,
I didn't make the cake. It was only $9.99 from a bakery. I figured that was too good to pass up considering how much time it would have taken to make one myself. :)

Trish said...

I LOVE it! I'm still not brave enough to do a sleepover. :o) Also, thanks so much for your comment on my Sunday post. It really does help to know that it's not just me!

Jody said...

You really should make a job out of this. What an amazing party! Evelyn came home with the biggest smile on her face--she couldn't stop talking about the party. I'm sure Kaylee loved it as well!