Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Activities


The kids mailing their letters to Santa.


Kaden's letter


Kaylee's letter


This was our first year buying a real Christmas tree. We had so much fun picking out the best tree (in our price range), watching dad tie it to the top of the jeep, taking turns cutting the trunk, and decorating it! We also love the smell of fresh pine. This might have to become a new tradition.


Here is a picture of the finished product.


The other night we decorated our gingerbread house, made candy trains and sleds. Kaden even created a candy airplane.


This year we are participating in a Christmas card exchange. The rules were that the cards had to be handmade by the children. We were also suppose to include a letter about where we live and some of our Christmas traditions. We had a lot of fun putting these together.


So far we have received some cards from Australia, California, Hawaii, and Virginia.
The kids LOVE to check the mailbox every day. This has been a lot of fun.


This week for Family Home Evening we decorated our 12 Days of Christmas Boxes. We randomly put little gifts, pictures, or cards in each others boxes each day for the 12 days of Christmas. The kids put a lot of thought into it. Last year they seemed to enjoy giving more then receiving. It also lets them open a few little gifts before Christmas which helps make it easier for them to wait.



This week preschool was at our house. This was the best picture I could get of the kids. :) They are all so excited for Christmas! I always have a lot of fun preparing and teaching. This week we learned about snow storms and reindeer. We made reindeer antler headbands and pranced around like reindeer to music.


The little reindeers.


The craft made from tracing and cutting out one foot and two hands.



I also gave them each some Magical Reindeer Food. (oats mixed with red and green candy sprinkles) Here is the short poem that goes with it:

Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.


Some of my good friends started a ballet class. Kaylee has always wanted to be in ballet so she has been very excited about this. Thanks Ana and Stacey!!!

8 comments:

Lisa Burbidge said...

Seems like there is never a shortage of activities at that place. Keep having all that fun!!

Bonny said...

Great post! I LOVE the pictures you got of all the kids at preschool today. I was so happy to see those since I was downstairs with Thatcher and didn't get to see all the little reindeer. You did such a good job teaching this week. Glad you guys are having so much holiday fun! And your tree is beautiful.

Phillips Family said...

We are so impressed with all the fun things you do. Adam is even more impressed that Geoff has adopted Adam's same haircut (short with flesh highlights). Hope you are enjoying your Christmas holiday and we loved talking to you guys the other day.

The Gunnerson Family said...

I love this time of year and all of the fun things you can do with your kids. Kayden's letter is so cute and well thought out. I can't believe Kaylee in her ballet clothes. She looks so tall and skinny. I haven't seen her since she was still in that little girl stage. Now she looks like a big girl!

Sarah said...

One things for sure, you are giving me tons of ideas for my own family! Sounds like this is the time of year for your family, you've got so many activities! What fun!

Jana Sohm said...

I know I have said this before, but you are such an amazing mom!!! I love all the fun activities, crafts, games, etc... you do with them. You are so great!! I need to be more like you! I love all of your fun pictures!!

Esther said...

What fun Christmas memories you are making with your kids. I might just have to steal some of them. :)

Michelle said...

Cute tree! We are enjoying our real tree this year, too, but ours is much skinnier and sparser than yours. Hey, I need to get your address. Could you email it to me? Thanks. Have a great weekend.