We recently went into DC with some friends. The kids were all excited to ride the metro.
We got off at the Smithsonian stop. The escalator takes you right up onto the National Mall.
We stopped to take pictures in front of the Washington Monument and then headed over to the Smithsonian Castle for lunch.
We spent most of our time in the Natural History Museum. This is a picture of the center of the museum.
We spent a lot of time in the Forensic Anthropology Lab. The kids loved playing with the bones.
We saw the Hope Diamond.
Kaylee was excited to see that they still had caterpillars that she could hold.
Kaden surprised me by holding this bug. We also watched a tarantula eat a grass hopper.

We saw the dinosaur and stuffed animal sections. This was our first time going into DC this summer and we all had a great time.
5 comments:
How fun! I'm sorry I missed it.
I REALLY want to visit before you guys leave. There is so much to do and see around the D.C. area. You are wonderful to take the kids to have as many experiences as they can.
My roommate from BYU was from Hersey, PA. She was always taking about it, especially about the hersey kiss lights. What a fun and beautiful place.
We LOVED the Smithsonians. We too spent a lot of time in the Natural History...then again, we spent a lot of time in all of them. Looks like a fun day. Geoff didn't come over from work and meet you guys?
What a good time it looks like you guys had. I love that you post your journeys around there because I miss it! Squeeze the kids for us.
What a fun summer. You will never regret these moments. They go so fast! Love, Mama Dew
Post a Comment