Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Hoover Dam

On our way back from Utah we stopped by the Hoover Dam for a quick visit.  It was 109 degrees that day.  We will have to go back another time when the weather is a little cooler.  It was so hot!!  However, it was definitely worth the stop.  It was breathtaking.
Geoff's brother and his wife were kind enough to let us take our nephew Luke for a few weeks.  He was such a pleasure to have around.  He is a very polite and calm natured kid, very similar to Kaden. 
Geoff was in a hurry to get home.  He gave us a rushed tour.  I couldn't complain, I was just thankful that I actually got him to stop.

This picture makes me smile.  The night before we had stayed at Geoff parents home in Washington, UT.  Kaden accidentally hit Luke in the mouth with a croquet mallet.   Originally Kaden was trying to lift Luke up to touch the statue.  I told the boys I didn't want Luke to get hurt again.  Naturally their response was to put Luke down and immediately try to lift Kaden up in his place.  I guess I should have said I didn't want anyone to get hurt. :)







Before we left we stopped at the overlook bridge next to the highway.  Kaden got a bloody nose and I didn't have anything to give him until we got back to the car. 
Here is the view from the overlook bridge.  You really are missing out on a lot if you don't drive in to see it close up.  I thought it was awesome and will definitely be stopping by for a longer visit sometime in the future.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the Hoover Dam and that bridge scares the whillies out of me, though it doesn't seem as high when you walk across. It seemed like I could really just reach my hand up and touch the passing planes when I looked at it from below but didn't seem so high when I was actually on it. I guess it's a good thing that you can't see the dam as you drive by on it, but it would have been cool if you could. I've never done a tour before (that I remember anyway). Looks like fun. You sure were super busy on your visit. Hope you can come back soon!

Jody said...

Maybe being so hot, a shorter tour was nice. You'll have to go back in the "cool" season--whenever that is!