Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Kaden's Special Day



Last Thursday was Kaden's special day. He had been thinking about what he wanted to do for it all week. He came home from school Thursday and told me he knew exactly what he wanted to do. He asked me if he could have his wallet to count his money. He had $5. He asked me if I would take him to the store so he could buy Kaylee a barbie. I told him it wasn't her birthday or Christmas but that he could buy her a gift now and save it for her birthday. He said he really wanted to give her a gift today. He said he loved to watch her eyes light up. I decided maybe I shouldn't try to discourage a kind act so I let him buy her a barbie. He even found one on sale for $4.99 that sings when you push her necklace. He was so excited to give it to her and Kaylee was excited to get it. She even took it to bed with her that night. I also took Kaden to the Waffle house for dinner. We had a fun evening together.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Kaden is such a sweetheart! Hope if we ever have boys, they're as sweet as he is. Glad you guys are safe!

Jen said...

Kaden has got to be the sweetest little boy I have ever met. You can sure tell he loves his little sister. How sweet! I hope he had a good birthday.

briggsbunch said...

Your kids are so cute! You all are so good about keeping updated! You inpspire me!!! I'm glad you are doing so well out if Florida!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Kaden is so thoughtful to his little sister. I love it! I am glad you survived the tornado warning. I remember them from Oklahoma. We too lived on the top floor of the apartment building with lots of windows. I was always ready to jump in the bathtub with the mattress on top!

Marleen said...

What a sweet boy you have. I'd support him in that too. You never know if those kind acts will last. I love these special days you do with your kids.

Tami said...

Kaden YOU ARE SO SWEET!!!!! When you have an wonderful mom like you Jadi it's not hard to see where they get it from. Geoff I would have to say is pretty wonderful too!!